Thursday, August 30, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away

This year’s Motorcycle Ride was great fun, and quite a challenge. I was thrilled to join my fellow MS Camp Volunteers Cari and Steve for this years ride. We had a great time preparing for the ride Friday evening. They spent the night with Steve, myself and Henne and Fargo, so we would get a fresh start Saturday morning.

My biggest challenge Saturday was deciding if I would ride. Not having that much experience put in on a motorcycle was one thing. The forecast for rain added to why I was uneasy. Those watching the news this weekend, know about the rainy conditions in southern MN. I was going to make a decision at the start at the Minnesota state capitol. Despite good weather reporting, good judgement, no rain gear, and some other folks saying don’t do it…..I was going to do it. Cari and Steve also had to this date when they rode together, good weather karma. She said when ever they have rode before together, they have not ever gotten wet. What is the worst that could happen?

About 40 minutes into the ride, we did get our rain. There was no, getting ahead of it, going around it, or just being lucky. The chemistry of the third rider, me, must have messed up the “no rain’ karma possessed by Steve and Kari.

Everyone of us riders in the River Road Run are safe. Despite the rain, flash flooding, wet conditions and damage done over the weekend in Winona, MN and the Lacrosse, WI area I did learn a few things

In a couple of weeks, I will be following up to everyone with a copy of my Ambassador of the River Road Run Speech. I have received many accolades from independent sources that I was inspirational, motivating, and upbeat. So I am proud to have been successful as ambassador for the MS Society. Thanks again to everyone for all of your support.

No comments: